USIA Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tc_rain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I am in the market for a drysuit and currently looking at several brands. I recently looked at the USIA Aqua Deluxe and liked it but was unable to see the Techniflex. It is only a couple hundred dollars more and I was wondering if I should consider this suit over the Aqua Deluxe. Does anyone have experience with these two suits as to list any pros or cons between them? I also was unable to look at the Aqua Pro Plus but heard it is a pretty heavy suit and not really necessary for the average diver. It was mentioned that the suit was more geared towards professional search and rescue.

Call them up and ask. I ended up going with the Techniflex.

I'm looking at the Techniflex as one of my choices, along with the TLS350 and the CLX450. All custom sized.

Perrone, have you received your suit yet?

Nope. It was supposed to ship last week, but did not. I called a couple of times, but I guess everyone was busy. I called Friday, and noted that I wasn't in a hurry for my suit, I just was trying to get an updated ship day estimate. I was told I'd get a call today. So far, I haven't heard anything...

Ok.

I'm trying to find more pictures of people wearing their Techniflexes. I've seen the ones from the guy that got the suit with the camo inlays, and it looks a bit baggy for my liking. Other than that, everything sounds great about this suit, especially the price!

You may want to have a look here: USIA. :)

Can you get the detachable cargo pocket with a zipper at no additional cost or does that only apply to the Velcro pocket? Does anyone know how fast they will dry? I plan to order mine this week. Since the shop has none on hand it will have to be ordered sight unseen and I am not real fond of that.

tc_rain:
I sent them the pockets I wanted on the suit, so I could have them sewn on. I had to order mine sight unseen as well, but our shop deals USIA and I was sufficiently imperessed with what I had seen to give it a try.

bdshort:
The suit doesn't have to be that baggy. Refer to their rather complete size chart. Modifications from the standard sizing are only $25 each, so you can pick one that's close to what you want, and then modify a measurement or three to your liking. I just went full custom on mine. It will also be a bit baggy here in FL, but that is what I had to do so that it would work with heavy undergarments for going up to the Lakes. A lot of that baggieness will disappear in the water too as the suit gets pressurized.

The detachable zipper pockets are the same price as the velcro and permanently attached pockets. At least the last time I asked Jerry from USIA they were (sometime in January).

When did you order your suit Perrone? My custom suit is on order 6 weeks this week and USIA hasn't called me back to let me know when it's supposed to ship. If I don't get it soon, I'm going to have to pass on a dive I want to do in a couple weeks.

*edit* Realized this may have come off too negative so I wanted to say that I knew the length of time it was estimated to take from the time I ordered it so there really are no surprises that it hasn't gotten here yet. I don't want anyone to think USIA was misleading me or anything :)

Back
Top Bottom