Found Anchor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuck Tribolet

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
I found a recently lost small anchor and line at the Anchor Farm today.
Based on type of anchor, it's off a small inflatable. It wasn't there
when I dove the same site Saturday morning 3/3. Kawika says it was there
yesterday. I've got it. If it's yours, contact me.

Maybe I should have left it there to grow up. ;-)

Nice find. I got all excited at Outer Lover's point yesterday when I found an anchor...until I realized it was attached the Cypress Sea :) The line was buried so well in the sand that I thought it was orphaned. I grappled with it for a moment all the while thinking about lift bags and such...then my dreams of treasure were shattered when I found the chain..then the line. Fun dive though, altogether.

Hmmm, could be those guys in the inflatable I saw on Saturday while on the Beach Hopper 2.

tedshark:
Some dude that ran out of rope on his kayak and watched it going down.
That must have S**ed.
The bitter end of the anchor line should always be attached to the boat, though in a
manner where it can be quickly removed (carabiner works). It's called the bitter end
because if you loose it over the side, you'll be bitter.

I doubt this came off a yak -- the anchor is a bit big, yakers rarely use chain, and the
line is a bit big.

Actually, I don't consider it a "nice find". First, I knew it was there (Kawika had seen it
the day before and told me), second, it's not the sort of anchor I'd use. Too small,
wrong design, chain's too light, line's too light and wrong type. I really would like to get
it to its owner and out of my garage. A) It's theirs, not mine, and B) every little bit of
space counts in my garage. If I don't find the owner in a month or so, I'll give it away.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom