Lost another friend today.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just found out that my friend Don Neal who I worked with in Hawaii last year was killed in Iraq yesterday. Retired Army EOD and all around great guy. Details are scarce but it sounds like a 155mm Projo detonated somehow. Not an IED from what we are hearing.
Rest in Peace my friend.:salute:

Our Condolences, WC.

My condolences, Wildcard.

Funny how the media eats up with relish every troops death yet we never hear of all the contractors deaths? For the most part we are unarmed trying to do our part.
Ive lost track of the number of people I know that have been maimed or killed. Too many. We all knew what we were signing up for though....
Thanks guys.

Wildcard:
Funny how the media eats up with relish every troops death yet we never hear of all the contractors deaths? For the most part we are unarmed trying to do our part.
Ive lost track of the number of people I know that have been maimed or killed. Too many. We all knew what we were signing up for though....
Thanks guys.

WC: A fraternity brother was an exec @ Blackwater for quite awhile. He is a retired Marine Col. We have had many talks about the contractors role in the present conflicts. As you well know we have as many contracted folks as we do troops. They do not get listed or mourned, except by family and friends.

I understand.

The Kraken
("B" Co., 229th Avn. Bn., 11th Avn. Grp., 1st Cav. Div. (Airmobile) Viet Nam}
Killer Spade 13

Back
Top Bottom