Instructors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DomaNitrogen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just arrived from a three day trip to Sharm diving. And i loved it as usual except for the last day.
We meet an Instructor on the boat that came from Russia with her Students (Five Children) to give the course in Sharm; Cause she was not a resdent a friend of mine who is a DM dived with her.

After my first dive i was assisting one of the children and he's BCD with the TANK was in the water with the instrucotr i think 20 meters away. he had 8KG and a wetsuit i waited for her to come and give him the BCD. But she did not so one of the instructor took control and hold the child as he went down the ladder and is still waiting for her to come.
She shouted out me and the instructor thought she wants the student on the boat and she we will come makes perfect since. and then we found the student jumping in the water with and swimming to her. I was shocked and looked to the instructor and kind of asking with eyes is this practiced in open water courses? he had the same look in he's Eyes. He did not want to pass he's authority and question her. But we just felt that was very reckless.

After the dive my friend the DM who Was with them in the water came out pulling he's hair. And i will not bother to mention what he tolled me. I will only stick to what i witnessed.

In the 2nd dive the instructor refused to change the tank for one of the students he had 120 BAR??? and war started on board with 2 instructor and her; SHe said whats the problem when he finishs the air he can buddy breath!!!!!!

The DM master refused to dive and said if that student reach 50 BAR he's out.
Anyway you got the point;

I just think how can instructors get certified with this kind of mentality? I see loads of this stuff. Is there a way to send complaint to PADI?

Actually I've seen several terrible PADI instructors and thought of reporting them. However, I believe that PADI's QA program is not that applicable. Here's their QA process flowchart.

Anyway, contact them and see what will happen.

Attachments

• flowchart.gif
    flowchart.gif
    46.1 KB · Views: 38
Come on is that a flowchart or business process for a production line???

This is my first post after joining, so I was just having a good look round and found this topic and felt I should stick my nose in for a look see.

Padi's QA system does work, I have seen it in action and also heard the results. (not personally I promise).

If Padi Pro members are amongst the witness's, they are dutie bound to report this. Padi will then check to see if she is in renewal status, and also offer her a chance to qualify her actions, so as a minimum it will send her a message that she can't expext to get away with this.

If you have the chance to fix safety issues, then I would QA asap, especially as children where involved.

Regards
D.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom