Big fish - where in Egypt?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mesje

Registered
Reaction score
In which locations in Red Sea is the best chance to met sharks and manta rays? Are some of these places near Sharm-al-Sheik, or I must use a live boat and go far south? Are these dives only for advanced divers, or also for beginners?

In my experience, you are more likely to find the 'big stuff' down south. There are companies there (Marsa Alam) who run livaboards, Emporer spring to mind. Elphinstone will more than likely provide u with oceanic white tips. For me, the most rewarding is doing a livaboard as you can get out to the Brothers, St. Johns and various other places. Some of these dives, though, are not for your beginners due to sometimes strong currents.

However, if you go to Sharm at the right time of year and get a boat up to the Straits of Tiran, you may see Tiger shark. Hope this helps

Doc

As Red Sea Shadow says, in the summer there are schools of hammerheads off the back of Jackson Reef (Tiran) and there are big schools of barracuda with sharks off shark and yolanda (Ras Mohammed).

Back
Top Bottom