Warning, it's a dangerous time of year...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DawgDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey everybody. I just wanted to remind everybody to stick with their plans. It's usually about this time of year that the most people fall off the bandwagon. This is usually because of frustration, or just plain getting lazy.

I was injured working out two weeks ago (pinched nerve in neck doing squats) and that coupled with trying to eat more calories while still staying healthy ended up in me getting lazy. But this morning I have renewed my resolve. I could accept that i've lost almost 100lbs now and by most standards, am now in good shape. But I made up my mind a long time ago that I was going to be opposite of what i was before and I'm sticking to it. I'm not stopping until I look like a spartan from "300" :14: :rofl3:

Anyhow, just wanted to make sure everyone stays with it during the toughest time of the diet year (next to the holidays). Look at your progress, remind yourself how well you've done and make sure you aren't starting to allow yourself to slip.

Thanks for the encouragement!

I had a rut a month or so ago, but I'm back, a pound or two over what I should be, but I'm jogging, eating healthy and not in anyway contemplating giving up!

Not looking forward to tomorrows weightin mind!

You've lost 100lbs!?! :shocked: WTG!!!!! :god:

That reminds me about preventing injury. Two years ago it was a sprain toe from judo. Took nearly 6 months to clear up and I couldn't run for 3 months.

Exactly 1 year ago, it was from heavy lifting. Injured my spermatic cord and had blood out of my genital for nearly 10 days. Then the back spasm followed, that took nearly 3 months to resolve.

I think the best exercise plan is one in moderation. Better not to push the limit and work out safely, than to push the limit and regret it. My brother, 7 years younger, had a herniated disk 1 year ago. Now he is out of commission and has to decide between surgery and just therapy.

Wow, Dawg... 100 lbs! That's awesome! Thanks for the encouragement. You are correct... this is the "lazy time" as weather starts to get nice! I kinda fell off a bit the last week... but I'm hangin' in there. I'm down 44 lbs and I'm gonna keep rollin' with it! I have 82 to go... and I'm gonna make it!

Fisher... wow... sounds like a painful "genital" injury! I'm a girl, and it makes me hurt for you! LOL Glad you're better!

Fisher, you are making me cringe right now!!!! :11:

I gotta say that as it's starting to get warmer (even though yesterday's 70 degree day in Michigan was a bit of a mirage as we await more cold this weekend), the thought of wearing less clothing (Ie: T-shirts, shorts, etc) is keeping me motivated to stay with it!

Thanks for the "goose." It's been over a week since I've been to the Y, my elbow was killing me last week so I gave it some time off because I couldn't lift anything at all. I can probably go back but mentally I'm using the elbow as an excuse...it MIGHT hurt if I go back now. I have a trip to the Florida springs coming up next week and getting ready for that plus doing the stuff for my scuba classes means I won't be working out this week or next. I'll be good and hit the gym again after I get back from Florida...you've shamed me into it :D
Ber :lilbunny:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom