Necton Pilot?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zippy

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are booked on the Necton Pilot for the end of Feb. We will be on the central Belize cruise. Anyone have experience on this boat.
We do have experience in Belize (Nov. 99, baaaaad weather.)

Ken
PS this is our first live aboard.

Yes, I have.

It is a large, stable boat with reasonably large rooms by live-aboard standards. It carries at least twice as many divers as most live-aboards, and can get a bit congested on the dive deck, but not intolerably. Has an interesting dive platform that raises & lowers you from the dive deck. Food is not gourmet, but good & plentiful. Crew is pleasant & competent.

Dive sites range from quite good to so-so.

I suspect that you'll enjoy yourselves.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

We were on the Nekton Pilot last Christmas, also doing the Central Belize trip -- and had a great time! It made me fall in love with the idea of live aboards -- and I'd love another shot at one.

Enjoy yourself!

I have not personally been on the boat, but a friend of mine at the office has been on two trips. He loves the boat and the folks running it. Both of his trips have been in the Bahamas, he has not been with them to Belize yet.
Enjoy your trip. I have heard a liveaboard is the best way to dive Belize.

Went to Belize on Nekton in Feb 2002. Second time on boat, first time in Belize. I dive and snorkel, wife just snorkels.

Simply fantastic. I dove my own profile and the diving was perfect. They gave my wife a snorkel guide twice a day.

While the boat could hold 30, there were only 12 guests, 11 of which were experienced, low-maintenance divers. The crew was great and so was the food. Dove off platform, no chase boats.

Hoping to go on Nekton again in 2004.

You are going to have a great time!!!

I've been on their cruises three times now. I love those boats! The are very stable and the crew have always been just great. Best cruise to date has been central Belize in mid November. Lighthouse, Glover's and Turneffe all have spectacular dive sites. If conditions aren't that great the Captain will usually move the boat between dives to a better location. They will feed you till you pop so be prepared to gain weight during the week!

Best way to avoid the crowded dive deck is to let everyone else rush down there en masse, wait about 10 minutes then you'll likely have the entire thing to yourself. Usually by second day everyone has developed a routine for getting in and crowding isn't an issue. With 4 ways to enter the water you can avoid the cluster effect.

Don and Becki,
Thanks for your input, I leave next Saturday for the cruise, and I am looking forward to it. Nearly every comment and review that I have read, has been spectacular.
Thanks to all.

Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom