Balanced Diaphragm Regulators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FijiBound

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for a balanced diaphragm regulator. I am also looking for a very reliable, durable regulator and was told that Sherwood provides just that. But, on the website, there is very little/no information about whether the regulators are diaphragm or piston. I will be diving in Fiji, and although the water is very clear and warm, I want a regulator that will not pose any problems over the course of two years. I plan to be in a very secluded area with no easy access to any LDS, SCUBA diving nearly every day. Currents may pose an issue, and since I will be diving year round doing reef studies, sediments may be a concern during the rainy season. Any information or advice would be very helpful.

would you necessarily recommend them for my situation?

FijiBound:
I am looking for a balanced diaphragm regulator. I am also looking for a very reliable, durable regulator and was told that Sherwood provides just that. But, on the website, there is very little/no information about whether the regulators are diaphragm or piston. I will be diving in Fiji, and although the water is very clear and warm, I want a regulator that will not pose any problems over the course of two years. I plan to be in a very secluded area with no easy access to any LDS, SCUBA diving nearly every day. Currents may pose an issue, and since I will be diving year round doing reef studies, sediments may be a concern during the rainy season. Any information or advice would be very helpful.

fijibound: Sherwood makes very good dependable regs. They are piston regs. If you are looking for a balanced diaphragm regulator that can be serviced worldwide you might want to consider Aqua-lung. They have a very extensive and long standing dealer network and they manufacture very high quality diaphragm regs. Best wishes for lots of safe diving.

I personal dive the Oasis, i like that reg the best , I also use a Genesis GS2000 that works great

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom