Its Official

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTommy

Reaction score
# of dives
Well as of today I am officially enrolled in a SCUBA class, got my class materials, and room reserved. I am scheduled to start taking the "classroom" portion of the class on July 21 and 22 and my open water check out dives the following weekend in Monterey. I was pleasantly shocked to find a room as cheap as I did in that time frame considering its summer and all its only costing me $72 a night + tax in a decent hotel. So now time for me to start hitting the books to give myself plenty of time to learn it all and review it a few times before class starts for real! I'm nervous but in a good way I think the wife knew I had signed up when she got home by the big ***** eating grin I was wearing as she walked in the door...lol Well as things progress I will keep every1 updated as much as possible and pick brains for info!

Tommy

Well, good job, you're on your way to exploring the underwater world :).

Sheesshhh... If you are grinning right now wait till you start your OW dives... then you won't be ale to keep grinning and then you'll keep flooding your mask :D

Seriously... that happened to me... didn't mind it but I keep trying to blame the mask :11doh:

Congrats on the class.. See you around the Breakwater

Welcome to the club! Come dive with us when you finish your cert.

July?!?!?!? Such a long time away. The best time to dive is now...ok well anytime in Monterey. Congrats on diving into SCUBA!

When you're certified come join the North Coast Divers. (www.northcoastdivers.org) We have dives schedules once a month rotating between the Sonoma, Mendocino and Monterey dive sites.

- Ericson

Also, don't get discouraged if the conditions aren't great while you are going through your classes. Summer time can really vary in visibility depending on plankton and kelp growth. Get through your class and keep diving. There are times when you can't see your hand in front of your face here. There are also times where visibility is fantastic.

Ya i really wanted to be able to go earlier but work schedule kind of killed that plan. But as long as i learn is all that matters to me at the moment! lol

Back
Top Bottom