Tilos semi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newjack06

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've read some threads on the tilos semi dry wet suit. has anyone taken it out on an actual dive. its the most inexpensive semi dry out their. im wondering how it performs compared to those semis that are $400+

Ifound the Tilos 7-5 Semi-dry at www.unrealfind.com for $129.95 and ordered it on 3/18/07. I'll post my impressions when it arrives.

Rick

I've dived recently with the 7/5 semi-dry and have not been overly impressed with it compared to my Tilos 7/5 rear zip full suit. However, I got it at a great price and it is certainly adequate.

I have been quite pleased with mine, although it has seen limited use.

Ok, I just received mine and tried it on.

It is a nice suit for the money, however, again...small is too big for me. That's the third suit I've ordered and had to send back now.

It has a couple of nice features, like the ankle zippers, however it does not have all the bells and whistles like the Mares Isotherm or the Pinnacle Edge have.

As i may never dive this one it may not be accurate:

It is advertised as a semi dry and it has those ankle zippers and big arm seals but the neck seal is like any other wetsuit that has a rear zipper, the flap maybe a bit bigger than usual but I doubt it would provide as much 'water protection' as the other manufacturer's suits.

Again, that may be different as I have heard from other users that they stayed virtually dry in it...

I took a couple of pictures of details if anyone is interested.

So, off I go to order another suit... :( ...maybe a kid's suit now...

I've got a Tilos 7/5 and It fits great and all the seals work perfectly. I dove the suit one time to 80 feet in 60 degree water and found that the seals were great. I had a little water in my arms and legs, but by and large I was dry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom