hard sole vs soft sole boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hoopstar2323

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
i currently wear soft sole boots because that was what was recommended at my local dive shop, but since the majority of my diving takes place at quaries where long walks from car to shore is required, sometimes over rocks and gravel, i am looking at getting some hard sole boots. my question is is there any difference in difficulty of swimming in fins with hard sole vs soft sole boots. it would seem to me that it would be much more difficult but having never tried it i dont know if my thinking is correct or not. any help and or advice is much appreciated by this novice diver looking to get better and make things easier.

No increased difficulty that I've ever noticed. Hard soles are the way to go unless you do boat dives exclusively. May need bigger fins, though, so be sure to check before you buy!

I've got a pair of USless Divers hardsoled booties that I like, but when they finally need replacing, I really, really want a pair of Deep Sea Amphib boots:

biaqd93751.jpg

Those Amphib boots look nice! Perfect for our local California beach hikes!

Other alternatives I've tried on are Pinnacle Orca 2 and Seasoft Stealths. Something I'm trying out this coming weekend is DUI Rockboots from my new drysuit, with 5mm neoprene socks (diving wet).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom