large Chuck Taylors with XL Jets?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SparticleBrane

Contributor
Reaction score
I normally wear size 12 shoes, thus preventing me from wearing XL Jets with my rockboots. I wore Turtles today and they just aren't quite the same. :(
I'm considering checking out some Chuck Taylor shoes to use instead of rockboots. Anyone have a size recommendation? I normally wear plain wool socks under my drysuit.

The second question--can someone wearing Chuck Taylor's that are ~my size wear XL Jets, or am I out of luck? :confused:

Crap. :(

Yes, I can confirm that you're SOL. I have size 10.5 chuck's also, and while they'll fit my XL Jets with a little work, I think I'll be happier once I trim a little rubber off the sidewall.

Perhaps if you layer some thick socks over your size 12's you can get a BIG pair of Chucks that will work in XXL Jets?

I wear size 12 shoes, and my size 13 Chuck Taylors fit perfectly in my Turtles, and are a good fit over wool "undersocks" and neoprene drysuit socks. I laced them with bungie to make donning and doffing easier.

They didn't fit XL jets, and XXL jets were too big. Sorry, but you've got Turtle feet.

Has anyone tried size 11 Chuck's with XL Jets?

FishDiver:
Has anyone tried size 11 Chuck's with XL Jets?
Considering how tight my 10.5's are, I'd say it's iffy. Also, I recently learned there is some variation on the foot pocket size of Jets, so what works on one (just barely) may not quite work on another. Just bring your jets into the shoe store and stick them in to see if they fit!

I use size 12 Chuck's with my XL Jets. A little tight, not bad. My feet are size 10.5, but my feet are fairly flat.

It's not the height that's an issue with Chucks, it's the width. You really cram size 12 Chucks into XL Jets? I wonder if you have a pair of the fabled larger-than-usual footpocket Jets...

Yeah they are size 12 Chucks, with the insole taken out. I have to wiggle them a bit to get the fins on/off but no biggie. My jets are marked XL, but I bought them used so I have no idea of their history. They do have the lightning bolt on them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom