venturi-assist on Oasis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Perhaps I am mistaken. It looks like the Maximus has a clearly stated venturi-assist feature. In that case, is the Maximus as easily serviced as the Oasis? It looks like it has all the features I want, but I have to make sure it is easy to repair, as in repairable by me if need be. The reason I ask is that I will be living in a secluded area in Fiji for two years without easy access to any LDS, and diving nearly daily. I need a regulator that won't pose any problems and is easily repairable if it happens to. As far as I can tell, the Maximus looks like a tank with some nice features. Just making sure this is true.

If you think you might need to be repairing your own reg, you need to be looking at taking spare parts along, and which regs you can actually get the parts for. (Do you already know how to repair a reg?)

Where will you be getting air from to dive everyday if there's no LDS?

You might consider taking a whole spare reg along. And a spare power inflator, easy to swap in and not too expensive. (A good reason not to get a combo inflator/octo unit, as that makes swapping less of an option.) That's what I'd be doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom