Suunto Vyper 2 release date and pricing? [Archive] - ScubaBoard - Scuba Diving Forum - Diving Social Network

View Full Version : Suunto Vyper 2 release date and pricing?

Sponsored Link
Kolast
March 19th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know when Suunto Vyper 2 will become available? Website says 1st quarter and we are nearing the end of it. Also, any idea on the pricing? $500-600 range? Will anyone but Leisurepro carry it? It is hard to find suunto's online for some reason.

And I guess a more subjective question - is Vyper 2 really worth it over regular Vyper that can now be had for just $359?

johnny_bravo
March 19th, 2007, 08:40 PM
An old LDS of mine in Ontario, Canada is booking orders now and they expect delivery mid April. I would assume US shops should have it at the same time.

The price they are quoting for this special pre-order is $499CDN for the Vyper II. The price will go up later as I understood.

Cheers.

-J.-

Kolast
March 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
Thank you for the info! If I did my math correctly this will be about $430 US. That is much better price than I thought it will be. Too bad that my current LDS doesn't carry Suunto's.

johnny_bravo
March 19th, 2007, 09:43 PM
No problem. I believe that the price will go up another 100CDN when the price is full retail and not this special "pre-order".

Cheers.

-J.-

Scared Silly
March 19th, 2007, 10:15 PM
you will not find Suunto online except at leisure pro. this is because of auqa lung NA and their distribution agreements. anything you buy at leisure pro will be grey market (do a search for this discussion)

as for whether it is worth it.

Do you already own a compass?
Do you plan to do technical diving requiring deco?
Do you plan to do gas switching?

If you answered yes/no-no-no or yes/no-??-?? buy the original vyper.

Kolast
March 20th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Interesting,
Don't own a compass, will want to do tech eventually, no clue on gas switching - not any time soon.

As far as grey market - didn't know that - so what is the recommendation - not to buy form leisurepro? Are they grey market for Mares as well or only Suuntos?

you will not find Suunto online except at leisure pro. this is because of auqa lung NA and their distribution agreements. anything you buy at leisure pro will be grey market (do a search for this discussion)

as for whether it is worth it.

Do you already own a compass?
Do you plan to do technical diving requiring deco?
Do you plan to do gas switching?

If you answered yes/no-no-no or yes/no-??-?? buy the original vyper.

Scared Silly
March 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM
Most everything at LeisurePro is gray market - so no mfg. warranty. LP offers their own warranty which is to match the mfg. warranty. So if soemthing goes tits up you send it back to them instead of the mfg. LP seems to be pretty good about handling claims from the few reports I have heard about.

So if no plans for gas switching I would save the $$ for diving and buy analog compass and the original vyper.

ClayJar
March 20th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I just asked my LDS yesterday, and they put the price point of the Vyper 2 at US$531.

Kolast
March 22nd, 2007, 03:27 AM
I just asked my LDS yesterday, and they put the price point of the Vyper 2 at US$531.
Interesting - my LDS quoted me $590 and said it won't be available until mid month and that looks like only LDS that will carry Suunto's here. Darn.

Another quick question - It seems like Mares Nemo Wide is getting good reviews as well. How will it compare to Vyper?

codecruncher
March 24th, 2007, 11:50 PM
In Curacao last week I saw a Vytec DS wrist w/o transmitter at $425 just in an authorized shop display along with the rest of the Suunto line (just joe average price - not even after haggling).

The same damn wrist computer back in the US is $795 MSRP and maybe $650 to $700 if you know your US dealer really well. But $425? I guess that's a $250 US stupid tax somehow.

NorthernShrinkage
March 25th, 2007, 09:30 AM
I preordered one from Divetank back in December still havent received it as they have not been released as of yet by Suunto. Spoke with the owner of Divetank last week and its looking like Suunto is waiting until the last minute to release them (end of March ) . I beleive I payed 379.00 Canadian . Divetank is the only online dealer for Suunto who is able to handle the warranty issues . (but i beleive the warranty thing is only for Canadian customers)

Kolast
March 25th, 2007, 11:54 AM
I preordered one from Divetank back in December still havent received it as they have not been released as of yet by Suunto. Spoke with the owner of Divetank last week and its looking like Suunto is waiting until the last minute to release them (end of March ) . I beleive I payed 379.00 Canadian . Divetank is the only online dealer for Suunto who is able to handle the warranty issues . (but i beleive the warranty thing is only for Canadian customers)

That is an unbelievable price. I stopped by my LDS that carries Suuntos and they were clueless. They didn't even know that Vyper 2 was coming out. Gave me absolutely no comfort in buying from them. They tried to sell me the original Vyper for $515. So after all that I ended up ordering Mares Nemo Wide for $425.

reaver
March 30th, 2007, 06:34 AM
Just for the sake of posting it....the Vyper2 is out! at least here in my part of the world...I'm planning to buy one as soon as I save enough dough :D

ClayJar
March 30th, 2007, 07:03 AM
But where is your part of the world?

jim2386
March 30th, 2007, 10:08 PM
Where can you get the vyper for under $400? I've called all my LDS's and they all say the same price, $464. Think that'll come down a bit once vyper 2 comes out?

reaver
April 2nd, 2007, 12:57 AM
singapore...and its retailing here for 820 Singapore dollars

reaver
April 2nd, 2007, 01:03 AM
singapore...and its retailing here for 820 Singapore dollars

i'm referring to the vyper2 :14:

skywalk
April 2nd, 2007, 11:50 AM
i'm referring to the vyper2 :14:
where in singapore is it sold? looks appealing

reaver
April 3rd, 2007, 09:41 AM
where in singapore is it sold? looks appealing

Diver's Dreams at the Adelphi

skywalk
April 3rd, 2007, 10:33 AM
Diver's Dreams at the Adelphi
are they an authorized dealer where I can take it to for servicing? heard that the only place for that is lucky. Thanks reaver.

reaver
April 4th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I saw their name listed on the Suunto website so they should be an authorized dealer but not sure if they do servicing at their shop. you can check their website if you want.

beester
April 5th, 2007, 07:25 AM
An online shop in Holland is carrying them. I believe it 's still pre-order and not yet deliverable. Have been keeping an eye on this one for some time.

http://www.diveshop.nl/product_info.php?productname=Suunto-duikcomputers-Vyper-2&cPath=201_202&products_id=1718&language=en

Suggested retail for the VYPER 2 = 499
Safe price (if you are logged in) = 399 (= 533 US$)

Safe price for the VYPER (old model) = 296 (=396 US$)

Sponsored Link

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1