Suunto Vyper 2 release date and pricing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kolast

Reaction score
Does anyone know when Suunto Vyper 2 will become available? Website says 1st quarter and we are nearing the end of it. Also, any idea on the pricing? $500-600 range? Will anyone but Leisurepro carry it? It is hard to find suunto's online for some reason.

And I guess a more subjective question - is Vyper 2 really worth it over regular Vyper that can now be had for just $359?

An old LDS of mine in Ontario, Canada is booking orders now and they expect delivery mid April. I would assume US shops should have it at the same time.

The price they are quoting for this special pre-order is $499CDN for the Vyper II. The price will go up later as I understood.

Cheers.

-J.-

Thank you for the info! If I did my math correctly this will be about $430 US. That is much better price than I thought it will be. Too bad that my current LDS doesn't carry Suunto's.

No problem. I believe that the price will go up another 100CDN when the price is full retail and not this special "pre-order".

Cheers.

-J.-

you will not find Suunto online except at leisure pro. this is because of auqa lung NA and their distribution agreements. anything you buy at leisure pro will be grey market (do a search for this discussion)

as for whether it is worth it.

Do you already own a compass?
Do you plan to do technical diving requiring deco?
Do you plan to do gas switching?

If you answered yes/no-no-no or yes/no-??-?? buy the original vyper.

Interesting,
Don't own a compass, will want to do tech eventually, no clue on gas switching - not any time soon.

As far as grey market - didn't know that - so what is the recommendation - not to buy form leisurepro? Are they grey market for Mares as well or only Suuntos?

Scared Silly:
you will not find Suunto online except at leisure pro. this is because of auqa lung NA and their distribution agreements. anything you buy at leisure pro will be grey market (do a search for this discussion)

as for whether it is worth it.

Do you already own a compass?
Do you plan to do technical diving requiring deco?
Do you plan to do gas switching?

If you answered yes/no-no-no or yes/no-??-?? buy the original vyper.

Most everything at LeisurePro is gray market - so no mfg. warranty. LP offers their own warranty which is to match the mfg. warranty. So if soemthing goes tits up you send it back to them instead of the mfg. LP seems to be pretty good about handling claims from the few reports I have heard about.

So if no plans for gas switching I would save the $$ for diving and buy analog compass and the original vyper.

I just asked my LDS yesterday, and they put the price point of the Vyper 2 at US$531.

ClayJar:
I just asked my LDS yesterday, and they put the price point of the Vyper 2 at US$531.
Interesting - my LDS quoted me $590 and said it won't be available until mid month and that looks like only LDS that will carry Suunto's here. Darn.

Another quick question - It seems like Mares Nemo Wide is getting good reviews as well. How will it compare to Vyper?

In Curacao last week I saw a Vytec DS wrist w/o transmitter at $425 just in an authorized shop display along with the rest of the Suunto line (just joe average price - not even after haggling).

The same damn wrist computer back in the US is $795 MSRP and maybe $650 to $700 if you know your US dealer really well. But $425? I guess that's a $250 US stupid tax somehow.

Back
Top Bottom