Wisdom software for MAC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you have a macintosh computer and would like to utilize the software I would suggest using a mac emulator/virtual pc program that will enable you to run windows applications on your macintosh.

I have been seeing a ton of Mac talk on this site and wonder why Oceanic hasn't responded to their customer base. I am not trying to sound mean, but it just seems curious that you wouldn't want that corner of the market??? Let me know if there is someone I can write to get the ball rolling because I just was a on boat with 15 guys today that all have recently bought Mac's and all but two wanted my Atom 2.0 if it was Mac compatible. Thanks for the time.

David

sorry guys, no new news on this front. I don't see this happening any time soon. The units that we and other dive companies sell in these download systems, just don't justify the cost of designing this for MAC. It is simply too cost prohibitive. If something changes I will let you know. Even if you had 100% of the market, it is not enough to justify the cost in development.

Sherwood Scuba

There is open source software which is gaining momentum which is cross-platform. I am working on a dive computer download library for .NET and another person is developing a cross-platform solution including working on software for the Mac. If you are interested PM me and I'll send you some details (can't post URLs yet).

sorry guys, no new news on this front. I don't see this happening any time soon. The units that we and other dive companies sell in these download systems, just don't justify the cost of designing this for MAC. It is simply too cost prohibitive. If something changes I will let you know. Even if you had 100% of the market, it is not enough to justify the cost in development.

Sherwood Scuba

Have you consider getting someone to code the application in a portable language like Java. The only native code you would need would be a USB driver (assuming you connect it via USB). If the application was written in Java you could port it to the Mac OS X, Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms with minimal effort.

I enquired about the technical specs for the Wisdom II so I might be able to take a stab at writing my own software but the only response I received was, "there is no software for the Mac OS." If I knew the structure of the data and the specs on the interface it would help in my design of the application. Without knowing what data is coming from the computer it is difficult to design an application.

I will forward your information on to the programers and see what they say.

There is open source software which is gaining momentum which is cross-platform. I am working on a dive computer download library for .NET and another person is developing a cross-platform solution including working on software for the Mac. If you are interested PM me and I'll send you some details (can't post URLs yet).
Definitely interested in the MAC cross-platform solution. My Wisdom is the only thing left that's not MAC-friendly.

Back
Top Bottom