• Drysuit-all year

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Wetsuit-all year

Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Drysuit-winter; wetsuit-rest of the year

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

7mm all the way. Just did a 4 dive marthon on Monterey Express on Saturday even though dive vis was bad :). Of course my position does not mean wetsuit 100%

EDIT: Probably will go into drysuit one day depending on budget and interest in it!

Never tried diving dry, though that'll change soon (just got a good deal on a CF200 on ebay). The cold hasn't bothered me on my dives. I just want to give DS diving a try and found a deal I couldn't pass up.

Dry... all the time... You think you are okey when you dive a wet suit all the time... but then when you try diving dry you realize how much better it is being warm and comfy :)

Plus jumping out of the drysuit and into street clothes and off to lunch drill is done in nothing flat

Ben_ca:
snip... You think you are okey when you dive a wet suit all the time... snip

I have never- not once- felt I was OK in a wet suit in these cold waters. As much as I enjoy diving, it is just too painful for me wet. I do admit being unusually sensitive to cold air and water.

Ben_ca:
You think you are okey when you dive a wet suit all the time... but then when you try diving dry you realize how much better it is being warm and comfy :)

Yeah, no kidding. I thought feeling tired in the evening after two dives during the day was normal. But then I switched to a drysuit and a dive day evening feels the same as any other, except for that very refreshed and satisfied sensation! :wink:

I can dive 3 tanks with each one equaling about an hour and not be freezing. I used to wear two wetsuits, and that was not enough.

You couldn't pay me enough to dive Monterey in a wetsuit again :11: I used to get very cold during the SI after dive 1, and by the and of dive 2 I'd be miserable. I haven't been cold yet in a drysuit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom