regulator service intervals

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skdvr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello there, I was wondering about service intervals for a sherwood maximus regulator and shadow plus inflator. I just purchased them last year and only got to do about 8 dives on them before the cold came in. This is my first reg purchase and I was wondering about if they should be taken in every year or two years, and what should I make sure is looked at and changed etc. I am new at this and I just want to make sure that I ask the right questions at the LDS, and to make sure that they do not replace things that may not need to be replaced.

I sent an email about the same thing through their website with no response so I thought I would give this a shot. If not from the rep then at least some more experienced divers than myself.

Thanks in advance...

Phil

Where is the Sherwood Scuba Rep??? I cannot get an answer from the website of from here....

Sorry , I have been out of town. Sherwood recommends that you have your regulator inspected and serviced annually by an authorized Sherwoood dealer

How about any questions that I should ask, as far as things that I should make sure that were done. I just want to make sure that I do not get things replaced that do not need it and to make sure that the things that are supposed to be replaced are replaced....

Thanks....

If they are a Sherwood dealer , they have all guidelines on what needs to be replaced and what is inspection only, Sherwood annual service kit comes with everything that is requied to be replace on the annual service of the reg

I am in the process of getting my OW certification and was given a Sherwood Maximus regulator/octopus/SPG setup by my father in law ( he upgraded ) which hadnt been used in a few years but was serviced annualy when it was in use. I took it into my LDS for service and asked to be contacted before any work was done on it to verify the price. I never received a call until after the service was done and was presented with a $95 price tag. I'd like to know if this is excessive.

That was a hell of a gift. They are nice regs....

Back
Top Bottom