Ketchikan Diving Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akdeepdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A coworker (also dive buddy), and I will be down in Ketchikan around the last week of July 2007 for a work trip. We would like to get a couple dives in durring our off time. Can anyone answer any of the following questions:
1. Is there a dive charter down there?
2. Is there a shop we can rent tanks from? We are flying and cant bring them on the plane.
3. Or, is there anyone there who would be willing to lend us a couple tanks and/or show us around any dive sites?

V/R
Myles

akdeepdiver:
A coworker (also dive buddy), and I will be down in Ketchikan around the last week of July 2007 for a work trip. We would like to get a couple dives in durring our off time. Can anyone answer any of the following questions:
1. Is there a dive charter down there?
2. Is there a shop we can rent tanks from? We are flying and cant bring them on the plane.
3. Or, is there anyone there who would be willing to lend us a couple tanks and/or show us around any dive sites?

V/R
Myles

Maybe some other folks will respond as I'm a newbie here, but here's what I know:

Yes, there is a charter offered by one of the local dive shops (and gear/tank rental) the shop I would recommend is this one:

http://www.wind-water.org/

Regarding anyone to dive with, this town is chock full of divers so when you get closer to your trip, send a message on this forum and I'm sure someone will respond...maybe...wellllll...okay, hopefully:D

Poog:coffee:
Will dive for Kona coffee...

Poogweese:
Maybe some other folks will respond as I'm a newbie here, but here's what I know:

Yes, there is a charter offered by one of the local dive shops (and gear/tank rental) the shop I would recommend is this one:

http://www.wind-water.org/

Regarding anyone to dive with, this town is chock full of divers so when you get closer to your trip, send a message on this forum and I'm sure someone will respond...maybe...wellllll...okay, hopefully:D

Poog:coffee:
Will dive for Kona coffee...

^^^^^^ What he said

I assume you have drysuit training? There are SOME crazy folks up here I've heard of diving in 7mm wetsuits, but 99% of divers here use drysuits. Water in July will be in the low to mid 50's.

Brian

P.S. I just looked at your forum name and realized that yes, you probably are well experienced in drysuits! I'm reading this at 3:30 in the morning! :D

Brian,
Yes, we both use dry suits since both of us are here in Anchorage. Of course I got my orriginal OW cert in Fairbanks 10 years ago, and we did our Open Water dives in valdez in Jan, using wetsuits. It was probably one of the main reasons I switched to a dry suit.
Myles

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom