Suunto dive computers and ScubaToys/Leisure Pro??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

planetary soul

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi folks,

I'm interested in buying a dive computer and after researching a bit, Suunto sounds pretty good. I'm considering buying online and after reading more about LeisurePro vs. ScubaToys, I like the idea of havign the manufacturer's warranty through ScubaToys. But... I couldn't find listings for Suunto computers (or uwatec!) on ScubaToys. Do they not sell them?

Thanks for your help.
megumi

Give them a call. That's the easiest way to see what they have, or send them an email. They're good about getting back really quickly. They worked with me and I'm in Japan, so they'll definitely work with you.

When You call ScubaToys tell them you are a ScubaBoard Member and the will take 10 Percent as well.:D

Since we only sell brands that we can offer a full manufacturers warranty with, we do not carry the suunto or uwatec lines any more. In case you have not researched the different algorithms the different computers use, I'll point out that those two are on the conservative side - so if you did want to purchase something with a warranty, and with that level of conservatism, I'd look at something along the lines of a Mares Nemo, either the Standard Nemo, the Wide, or the Nemo Sport.

Another option in the conservative side would be the Tusa brand.

If you would prefer something with a bit more liberal algorithm (based on the Padi Tables) then the Aeris and Oceanic computers might be an option. Of course, then there are the options of wrist or console.

If it all gets a bit confusing... feel free to give a shout!

I bought my Suunto cobra from leisure pro, never had any problem and the price was great. I think they pretty much match manufacturers warranty.

I can vouch for ScubaToys. Top notch service and full manu. warranty without any guesswork. Not to mention the SB discount. With something like a computer I think I would rather go with an authorized dealer. Just my $.02 (or .02 psi)

I talked with Larry at ScubaToys before I bought my first computer, and he gave me examples of dive trips he had been on where buddies had been locked out of diving by their Suunto's conservativity. I listened to him and bought an Aeris.

Since I've owned my Aeris, I have witnessed people with Suuntos get locked out of diving, or being forced to stay considerably shallower than I on quite a few dive trips. Each time this has happened, I silently thanked Larry for the great advice to not buy a Suunto.

There are many Suunto fans on this board and I will never dispute that it's a great quality computer. I just prefer my Aeris and the ability to decide my own conservativism.

ScubaGlenn:
When You call ScubaToys tell them you are a ScubaBoard Member and the will take 10 Percent as well.:D

That is good to know, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom