Ocean Day, Hilo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SkullDeformity

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
http://www.uhh.hawaii.edu/~pacrc/oceanday.shtml

University of Hawaii at Hilo's "Ocean Day" at the PACRC

On Saturday April 28th, 2007, the Pacific Aquaculture and Coastal Resources Center and the Marine Science Department at University of Hawaii at Hilo will be hosting “Ocean Day, Hawaii”. This is a community outreach event to raise awareness of current issues concerning ocean resources, safety, and conservation in community members and school-age children.

“Ocean Day, Hawaii” will be held at the Pacific Aquaculture and Coastal Resources Center on Kalanianiole Rd in Keaukaha. Admission is free. The event will be held all day with educational presentations by NOAA, Tsunami Museum, and other public and community groups, hands-on activities for people of all ages, and food and drinks for purchase. There will be plenty of parking onsite. Children of ages less than 15yrs old need to be accompanied by an adult.

For more details, please contact our main office at (808) 933-0706.

--------------------------------

Since I skipped out on the day for passing out flyers around Hilo, I felt this was the least I could do. This is the first year of an Ocean Day in Hawaii, and a lot of people are trying to make it good. We'll have some touch tanks set up and representitives for all the projects going on in the PACRC tanks, among other things! See you there!

Ah Mr. B. I see you on the boards eh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom