How many days a week do you work out?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Contrast

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
How often do you guys go to the gym and what kind of routines do you do (weights. cardio, etc)

I go a minimum of 5 days and somtimes 6 or 7. I always make sure my muscles have plenty of time to rest and recover between workouts by working out specific parts each day.

Mon - Legs (Light weights)
Tues - Chest/Triceps
Wed - Back/Biceps/Forearms
Thurs - Legs (heavy weights)
Fri - Shoulders/Traps

Sometimes I will go in on the weekend to workout a lagging body part or some cardio. I also do abs 2x a week as well. I am lean so I dont do much cardio and when I do I like to ride my bike outside.

Six days a week, ideally
Mon, Wed, Friday--General weights, underwater fin swimming or cardio (bike, run). I do an all around workout not concentrating on specific muscle groups as a matter of personal preference.
T-Th, swim 1:30 approximately 3300 yds
Sat or Sun, dive otherwise bike, run, hike one of the two days. Take the other off.
Schedule gets augmented when I am teaching swimming or coaching boxing

Been reading Cameron Martz Fitness for Divers and got a few ideas.

Also rotate between gym and balance ball for variety in the workout. Try to change up the routine every three months or so.

I try to swim 3x's a week equaling to about 3-5 miles a week.
Also, in between swimming, stretching, some light weights, push ups and situps.
Weights are not my things, at leat I don't think so:wink:

Every other day, 3 mile run-27 minutes. light weights etc for another 20 minutes. At 60 yrs. old my 6 minute mile days are long gone.

I should really add some swimming to my routine. My gym has a nice pool, although it is on the small size.

Everyday, every workout is doing legs, body, chest, arm, and fat burning cardio. I'm trying to make myself disappear. :)

This week I have been slackin....three days.

My goal is to cycle four days, about nine miles with my HR around 150
I set the trainer up yesterday, and have the Carmichael dvd.

weights 20 minutes (parabody machine) Tread mill on an 10 degree incline, walking about 3.2 miles an hour for 20 minutes is harder than it sounds.

want to get back on the yoga train, my back is acting up. Shiva Rea CD's do it for me.

..the basic middle aged housewife routine

I just started, you guys are all making me feel bad. I do 30 min of cardio 3x/week--treadmill or elliptical. I try to keep my heart rate between 120-150.

According to what I have read, it's better than nothing. :)

According to what I have read, it's better than nothing.

yea, I think the studies show that after that the benefit falls off a bit.

So...for us lazy people sticking to even an easy schedule is supposed to have a big impact.

Back
Top Bottom