Whites Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elmo6s

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey Guys,
I'm seriously considering purchasing a Whites Catalyst 360 drysuit - does anyone have one? I tried it on at Beneath the Sea yesterday, and it was super comfortable, but I have no idea how it feels in the water. Any one have experience with Whites in general?
Alex

I have a Whites Catalyst not the 360. The only problem I've had is inside the suit is rough and it sticks to my undergarments.I havent been able to buy a set of "real" undergarments so that could be the problem other than that it works for me.

I have a White Catalyst (not a 360) that I bought last Oct. I love it!:crafty: The only complaint I have is the undergarments that came with it aren't quite enough to keep me warm when the water is below 50 degrees (I'm such a warm water wus:D ). I just add a layer or 2 underneath with the undergarment & I'm good to go.

I have two Whites suits (tri-lam duplex about 8 years old and a two year old tropical dry). They are both great suits - no worries and only a few leaks in the older suit, easily repaired. I use it about 30 times/year.

As mentioned before, get a different brand of underwear and a slightly bigger fit because the original underwear is insufficient. Service at Whites is excellent. Any problems and you can call the technician directly - he usually knows your suit very well. Get a custom fit (as always when buying dry) - it's worth the extra $. I highly recommend Whites!

I found that the fit was excellent stock (I tried it on at Beneath the Sea) - As for undergarments - are you guys talking about the 4 piece set?

Yes I have th 4 piece set. The lighter set really isn't a good fit for me. The heavier set fits fine, but just not warm enough for the 38- 42 degree quarry waters I dive in. I've gotten a set of Under Armour to wear underneath & it does fine without a lot of bulk.

Funny you should mention this MCHRISK. This year we have refinished the inside of our suits, it has now be termed "glide-slide", which is a super smooth finish on the inside. The one you tried on Elmo6s would have the gilde slide in it.

I'm a little biased....but I also own one....dove in it yesterday in fact....Love it, I can feel the stretch with every move.

Happy diving,
Tyler

MCHRISK:
I have a Whites Catalyst not the 360. The only problem I've had is inside the suit is rough and it sticks to my undergarments.I havent been able to buy a set of "real" undergarments so that could be the problem other than that it works for me.

I'll have to try out the undergarment - hope it keeps me warm! If not, I can always pick up a Thinsulate or something...

Should find out about the 360 soon myself. Just ordered one Friday

I heard about some problems with the feet on the drysuit being uncomfortable when diving... Anyone having this problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom