Gen. Pace see's off Kaneohe Marines, JB quoted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, not surprising. Glad to see the highest ranking USMC General made it to the troops about to deploy.

lol...

thanks for posting that!

He was so excited to have met him.

He was actually the Sr. guy on the plane, that has never happened before. He has 140 Marines that are about 19 yrs old.

They checked out weapons at midnight last night, I slept in the lot at K-bay until 4 am when they went to Hickam on the buses.

catherine96821:
They checked out weapons at midnight last night, I slept in the lot at K-bay until 4 am when they went to Hickam on the buses.

see, the press never sees what really matters...

catherine96821:

i was being serious. that sentence of yours is one of the most moving things i've read about the war in Iraq

oh, it was full-on drama.

I fought the urge to follow the bus.

General Pace seems to be a cool dude.

He seemed to shoot straight with Congress, did not sugar coat things, when I watched him. He is always making time for his Marines. Last time he came through, he picked up a wounded guy waiting for a flight.

I feel sorry for SB unless I can find something to do for 7 months.

There is a new armored vehicle that is replacing teh Humvee. I forget teh name and I dont have time to look. 6000 were just ordered I think. Much more IED proof. The Hummers were never ment to be used like that.
5 died in IED attacks yesterday, four in one attack and it sounds if they may be from the 25th Strykers in Hawaii.
The good news, and you will not see this in the media is all lthe progress that has been made in the last month or two. Feb had the highest number of tips from locals about insurgent activity. The IA is becoming more and more indpendent of the US and are piece by piece taking control of the country.

Wildcard:
The good news, and you will not see this in the media is all lthe progress that has been made in the last month or two. Feb had the highest number of tips from locals about insurgent activity. The IA is becoming more and more indpendent of the US and are piece by piece taking control of the country.

there has been a 25% drop in attacks in the six weeks since the U.S.-Iraq security plan started back in February, yes. but you do have to wonder how long it can be kept up, given US troop levels.

the problem is that the Iraqi government is not moving fast enough and U.S. voters have lost (and continue to lose) patience with the war.

the US has basically told al-Maliki that if certain measures are not in place by June 30, the US will withdraw support from his government (and support whom, i wonder?). the biggest reform is a law that would provide a fair distribution of Iraqi oil wealth among all ethnic and sectarian groups (and possibly fund sectarian violence even more?)

it's a mess

Part of the surge includes getting the IA and IP to stand alone more quickly. The oil fund idea has had a lot of support. I think they all would be reporting more insurgent activity if they knew it was money right out of there pockets.
It's a mess yes, but it could be much worse, John Kerry could be pres or even worse than that Hillery:shakehead
http://www.mnf-iraq.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom