Elite T3 Problems with Buddy Check

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cadiver67

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Howdy,

I bought the Elite T-3 for me and my wife.

We took them on about 6 dives and could not get the buddy check to give a correct pressure reading at depth.

We would be right next to each other and try to check the others pressure and the computer would display some crazy number like 3310 PSI when we only had about
1500 PSI left in out tanks.

This is dangerous - it would be better that it gave no reading then a random incorrect number.

I called Aeris and returned to computers for evalutation. Aeris immediately shipped me two brand new computers so I assumed that the first two were broken or out of calibration or something else.

I have taken the two NEW computer diving on about 6 dives again and they still give the same incorrect, random readings on the buddy check. ??????????

I can't have gotten two broken computers again, there must be something else wrong.

Have these things not been tested?

How can I be sure that the pressure reading for MY OWN tank is correct if the buddy check reading is so far off?

Anyone else have problems with this?

Buddy Check is pointless - if you are within range of the Transmitters (about 4 feet or less), you are in range to just signal a pressure check, or look at her display directly.

But I've played with it and it works perfectly, just you need to be close enough that the function isn't useful.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom