Santa Cruz in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tommed

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I will be visinting the Santa Cruz area this coming August and we are interested in doing some diving while there. We are from Rhode Island so we are used to cold water and low viz. We are both AOW certified with drysuit endorsements.
Would someone please recommend a shop in the area where we might rent gear and book either a boat or shore dive? Any other info you could pass on regarding anticipated dive conditions and suitable dive sites would be much appreciated.
Thanks.

I would suggest diving in Monterey, it is very close from Santa Cruz.

I've never rented from them, but Aqua Safaris is in Santa Cruz (http://www.aquasafaris.com/). I've heard good things about them, and met them out at Pt. Lobos a couple weeks ago. I also second the coming down to Monterey recommendation. If you know your dates, you coudl probably book yourself a weekend-date reservation for Lobos still. if not, you shoudl be able to drive into Lobos during the week without a reservation.

I follow Yangnome, drive from Santa Cruz to Monterey should be about 1/2 or something and you'll see more down there then in Santa Cruz. Also if you could go to Point Lobos, you'll see what it is like to dive in Monterey :).

I dive Monterey when I’m not diving the Fort Bragg area. Monterey is so warm and clear. I have a chance to stay in Santa Cruz are there any dive spots there. I Googled Earth and saw a nice launch ramp. I have a 15' Zodiac Pro. Im just looking for a new place to dive. Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom