DPV History

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

First generation: 007 and Thunderball!:D

Sorry Ben- I have no clue!

What would be the criteria for the third generation?

I would submit that both the N-19 and Mini-G may not qualify, since the motor is the same old brushed motor instead of electronicly controlled brushless.

I would consider the third generation to be a combination of form factor, battery chemistry and motor technology.

By that consideration, I would add the HKN-1 to the third generation list.

All the best, James

Haven't really thought about criteria... just more in general terms in the time frame they came out.... The HKN-1 is interesting performance wise.... They haven't started production have they?...

Should we include Sea Doo's in the 3rd Gen list? They are a bit underpowered but fun non the less I guess

How 'bout these early prototype versions?
BTW, I just got my X-Scooter back from the factory with a full Sierra upgrade:)

fdog:
What would be the criteria for the third generation?

I would submit that both the N-19 and Mini-G may not qualify, since the motor is the same old brushed motor instead of electronicly controlled brushless.

I would consider the third generation to be a combination of form factor, battery chemistry and motor technology.

By that consideration, I would add the HKN-1 to the third generation list.

All the best, James

Where do we then put a Li-Ion powered X? :D

Tobin

Ben_ca:
Haven't really thought about criteria... just more in general terms in the time frame they came out.... The HKN-1 is interesting performance wise.... They haven't started production have they?...

Should we include Sea Doo's in the 3rd Gen list? They are a bit underpowered but fun non the less I guess

Sea Doo belongs in the semi-toy category. All the scooters you've listed can go below 130 and can actually tow someone. You need to add the Zeuxo (Italian scooter), the German Aquazepp, Torpedo scooter and the Rocket boots. The Zepp was one big mother, but cool.

X

p.s. I left out the Predator scooter from AUL.

True.... but didn't want to leave anyone out... I'll have to google the Aquazepp... the Zeuxo, Torpedo, predator and rocket boots I have heard of....

BTW When's that X coming in Mr X?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom