Best 3mm wetsuit on the market

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bobcatdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It's time to replace the old 3mm full wetsuit. The only brands of wetsuits I have owned are Mares and Bare. I have been Looking at the Henderson Insta-dry suit, but the price of $475.00 is a bit steep(is it worth the money). I'm also looking at a brand out of the UK Waterproof wetsuits. Any input on this subject would be great.

Thanks Bobcatdiver

The Best suit on the market is the one that fits you the best . That said im partial to Bare they fit me best out of all I have tried and they seem to stand up and last.

Henderson suits are great but the insta-dry was a flop from all I understand, they have a new thermopreme suit that is durable and a good price.
telios also makes some good suits.

-SC3

$475 for a 3mm wetsuit! :11: That's outragious. I purchased a Pinnacle Seal merino-lined wetsuit last year for $200. I love the suit. Can't say if it's the best on the market, but I know I've been very pleased and at less than 1/2 the price, I can't believe that the Henderson is THAT much better it it's even better at all.

The pinnacle seal is awesome. I have 300 dives on mine and it is still holding up great. If you dont want the wool in the seal get the breaker. Same suit with the same features and $30 less. You also cant beat Pinnacles 30 day cash back garuntee.

I have the pinnacle version of the hyperstrech I believe it's called elastiprene? Anyways, it is the best suit I have ever had. Even at deeper depths the suit won't compress and turn into a 1 mil. It stays a true 3 mil at depths, which is where you need the warmth anyways.

Pinnacle makes great suits and they are easy on the wallet.

yes Henderson are the best wetsuits out there hands down, but i have a 3mm Bare wetsuit and i like it very much compared to other wetsuits i've tried and they are well priced.
so my recommendation is get a Bare unless you are willing to pay that much for the Henderson..

good luck...

I have two Mares Trilastic stretch suits - a 3 mm and a 5/4 for cooler water. Both fit me fantastically, and are much more durable than the Hyperstretch I had before. Rugged construction and a better fit (for me). As others have said, the best one is the one that fits you best - check out the Trilastic suits if you get a chance. Cheers!

Another endorsement for Pinnacle, great suits.

bobcatdiver:
It's time to replace the old 3mm full wetsuit. The only brands of wetsuits I have owned are Mares and Bare. I have been Looking at the Henderson Insta-dry suit, but the price of $475.00 is a bit steep(is it worth the money). I'm also looking at a brand out of the UK Waterproof wetsuits. Any input on this subject would be great.

Thanks Bobcatdiver

I have a Bare Velocity Progressive- quite nice.

One thought regarding the expensive Insta-dry in a 3mm... if it is warm enough to only need a 3mm, do you really need to spend that much more money on a wetsuit that will dry faster? Don't get me wrong here, as I am a wimp when it comes to getting cold and can see how it would be nicer for your wetsuit to be dry on your 3rd dive of the day, but it seems to me that the air and water temperature have to be pretty nice anyway. That is a lot more money to spend just to be a tad bit warmer in nice temperature conditions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom