Introducing myself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracker

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
My name is Dave. I moved to the Modesto area this month. I was born and raised in Indianapolis, In. Spent 3 1/2 years in San Diego, '78 -'82 while in the Navy. Learned to dive then in the Philippines. Didn't dive again until last year. Got re-cert last April and had around 50 dives before it got cold. Having my gear shipped to me and would like to experience ocean diving again.

Hi Dave and welcome to California, do you plan on diving Monterey or go South and Dive SoCal?

Well welcome to the Nor-Cal Dave. You will find most people dive the Monterey area, as the diving there is spectacular. Up here on the Sonoma Coast and Northward we have great reefs, but our vis is not as good as down South in the Monterey area.

If you do not already have a thick, 7mm, wetsuit, or a drysuit, I would recommend saving your money up, and going straight for a drysuit. The water around here ranges from 48-55 degrees roughly.

You can check out our local club here http://northcoastdivers.org/

zvinzonz:
Hello Dave I guess we'll be seeing you in monterey soon. Anybody diving tomorrow or this weekend?
I haven't looked at hte conditions forecasts yet, but it looked liek things were calming down quite a bit and from teh top, it liked like vis might be improving a bit from the last couple weeks.

Poor little abalone. :(

Hi Dave- welcome to the area.

zvinzonz:
Anybody diving tomorrow or this weekend?

I'll be out at the breakwater on Sunday. A buddy of mine just got a drysuit, so we'll be tooling around the reef or the wall doing some simple stuff so he can get the hang of the thing.

tracker:
My name is Dave. I moved to the Modesto area this month. I was born and raised in Indianapolis, In. Spent 3 1/2 years in San Diego, '78 -'82 while in the Navy. Learned to dive then in the Philippines. Didn't dive again until last year. Got re-cert last April and had around 50 dives before it got cold. Having my gear shipped to me and would like to experience ocean diving again.
Hi Dave,

Welcome to the area.
I hang out up on the North Coast most of the time and dive Sonoma and Mendocino counties. After you do a few dives in Monterey and get broke in, look us up sometime and join the North Coast Divers for a shore dive.

Eric

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom