Is a 5mm wetsuit too much for Mid May in Sharm?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Eskasi

Contributor
Reaction score
I will be Sharm El Sheikh in Mid May to dive (and chill out). Is a 5mm wetsuit too much?

I will be coming directly from dive trips in Palermo (Italy) and Malta. Was told that a 3mm would leave me a little cold there. I really don't want to lug multiple suits around and hate renting stuff (especially ill fitting suits).

I do however want to be comfortable with my dive....

Also, the water still will not be as warm as it can get after the hot summer months. Egypt can be surprisingly cool (mild, but not cold) in the winter. If you were going to dive in September, then you would probably be too warm in a 5mm.

At the end of the day, it's better to be too warm than cold, if you get warm in the water you can always unzip the suit a little. By mid May the water temperature will be 24-25C, a lot depends on how cold you get when you're diving. Personally I recommend the 5mm.

looks like I will be ok in Sharm but i may freeze a bit in Malta 2 weeks before....lol

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom