Have you owned a Deep See wetsuit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tazzmeyer

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I'm looking for a little advice. I am about to purchase a Deep See 3mil wetsuit. I have never heard of this company and wondered if anyone had any experience with their wetsuits. It seems to fit well and the price is right but this was also the case with my last suit (also a name I was unfamiliar with) and I am replacing the suit after 1 year (the suit is tearing away from the knee pad area).

Thanks in advance for any comments or advice.

Christine

My husband and I both own Deep See 7mils and have been happy with them - especially for the semi-dry seals around the arms and calves in colder water - but it doesn't sound like you'd be needing that feature in a 3mil. My husband's did just blow a seam at the balk calf after about 50 dives, though. Mine continues to be fine after a few less dives. I've always heard that wet suits are considered disposable - too bad they're not priced that way....

Had one and liked it well enough. A Henderson was a significant improvement in comfort however.
Cannot comment on kneepads as it was a shortie. It served me well for three years in year-round ocean adventures. Was in great condition when it found another residence without even saying good bye. Also have Deep See booties that are holding up very well on the brutal lava here. I’d buy Deep See again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom