How much will a wetsuit stretch after a few uses?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

akimeso

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I just bought a Bare Progressive Stretch 5/4 and it seems to basically fit well out of the box, except for the arms being a bit short. I can move and flex just fine in the suit, but the arm length only goes to an inch or so above my wrist. Does this mean that the sleeves are too short and that I should return the suit or just live with it, or will the arms stretch out after using the wetsuit a few times?

Thanks for any insight.

They will stretch some (but not an inch) with all the pulling the sleeves when donning the wetsuit on and off. I'm sure you will be wearing gloves and this will cover the exposed part of your arm?

Cheers.

-J.-

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I would have some gloves that would probably cover it; but I was just wondering if this is usual and the suit would just stretch, or if it meant the suit was not quite fitting right. Sounds like it is a bit shorter in the arms than it is supposed to be even for a new suit. Perhaps the Bare suits just run a bit small...

Off the shelf suits try to accommodate a variety of body sizes. As per the arm shortness...you may have to live with it. As you said, gloves will cover it. What's worse is when they are short in the legs and your booties don't make up for the length.

As per neoprene - some stretch more than others. Some even shrink. I had a custom suit shrink and get hard after a few dives and exposure to the sun. Cheaper stuff tends to stretch and come apart with time.

X

Back
Top Bottom