wetsuit underwear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dub5ire

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A friend told me you can get thermals to wear under a wetsuit. They get wet of course, but supposedly it's like adding a couple of mm. Is anyone familiar with this?

We used to when there was nothing else. Sometimes it was thermals and sometimes sweats. But then again we had to use pantyhose to get into the Farmer John suits. :D

It slows down water transfer. For some it works and for some it doesn’t. Try it but don't count on it adding mm to the suit. :wink:

Gary D.

I've seen the polypro lining for under wet suits, but don't think it will really add or help that much to a wetsuit.

The best wet fabric can hope to do is slow water movement in a poorly fitting (loose) suit.

Pete

I just got a reply from Ding who says that surfers sometimes wear rash suits under a wetsuit. Not sure if it's for thermal effect or skin abrasions.

i'm going to try it with my "semi-dry" suit with thermals. next weekend.. i'll see how they work.

Let hope the seals really work...

I was thinking about wearing the under armour that football/hockey players wear under their gear to keep the sweat off them..plus it would make putting a wet-suit on easier. Anyone try this?

I wear under-amour under my 7mill Aqua Lung hyperstrech in monterey and doesn't keep me warmer but does make the donning/doffing much easier and the suit more comfortable.

I wear bicycling shorts, and a longsleeve underarmor top. Can't swear to thermal protection, but sure makes it easier to get a 5/4 on and off.

NSMEDIC:
I was thinking about wearing the under armour that football/hockey players wear under their gear to keep the sweat off them..plus it would make putting a wet-suit on easier. Anyone try this?

I wear under armour as well but mostly so I less skin I have to put sun block on (I burn very easily). I wear them when playing hockey to stay cooler so I am sure they won't keep you any warmer, but they do make the wet suit a little more comfortable.

I do however have a 3mm core warmer I sometimes wear under another wet suit, that does make you warmer. It should after all, that was exactly what it was designed for.

Back
Top Bottom