Wreck 1 cannister light won't strike on reptitive dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doubles

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Greetings

I have the 10W-HID Wreck-1 cannister light (8 hr burn time). This light suffers from a problem where it works fine on dive one, then on repetitive dives it won't re-strike unless you flip the switch on/off several times which I know isn't good to do, but its the only way to get it to re-strike. SI's are an hour minimum.

Then on the next dive day, it strikes fine the first dive and goes into it's ugly cycle of not re-striking.

I charge the battery after each dive day, and the 1st day of every month. It doesn't seem to be battery related anyway as once I get it to re-strike it burns fine for the entire dive.

I have sent this back twice for warranty repair only to have it fail again with the same problem (similar theme to my he issues). First time it was supposed to have been a bad cable between the cannister and the light head. Second time around it was supposedly a defective bulb.

I really have no desire to send it back again but am curious what the diverite wizards think a solution might be?

Cheers

Steve

Gilless:
..... but am curious what the diverite wizards think a solution might be?

Cheers

Steve

Bubble, bubble, toil and trouble... My solution suggestion is to let us have another crack at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom