Where to dive to see Turtles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubble Boy

Reaction score
Where would you recomend to someone to go diving if they want to see Turtles....You have got to see the video clip of the dancing turtles in the photography section.

Is Hawaii the best spot?
Are there turtles in Curacao, Mexico or ........?

I have been in fresh water too long! I have never seen a turtle during a dive!

Hi!

There is one place I go if I have a craving for turtles and that is Kauai. Honu, the Hawaiin word for turtle, are to be seen at will on Kauai. My favorite dive shop there is Bubbles Below; just tell Linda that you want to go see the wonderful critters and you are on your way to happiness.

I like the diving on Kauai, but some folks object to the rather algae-covered bottom, one of the effects of Kauai's geologic age. Never-the-less, there is lots to see offshore Kauai--it's the only place I have ever been where I saw three frogfish per dive on three consecutive days! But as long as you are over there you might as well try one of the other islands. My choice would be the Big Island, but Maui is great, too.

If you do decide to do a Hawaii trip and would like more info, let me know and I would be more than pleased to help, as would lots of other divers on this Board.

Hope this helps,

Scorpionfish--also to be seen in Hawaii!

Palancar Gardens Cozumel. I have never not seen one. :turtle:

after all, the original name was the Tortuga Islands - Spanish for Turtle.

Cayman is know for sea turtles and I see them on about 50% of all of my dives, and have seen them on essentially every dive site that I've been on in Cayman.

on 2 dives in west palm beach florida (which is still on the east coast....). that would be half of the trips I've made down there.

In the Mayan language, Akumal means "Turtle." And it deserves the name.
Rick

Gisle once bubbled...
Hi Bubble Boy

Wanna see hundreds of turtles? Go to Sipadan :rolleyes:

Photo

Video clip
What a wonderful Video!
Thanks for sharing...
Rick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom