Promoting Nova Scotia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NSMEDIC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I was reading a article today in the Chronicle Herald and there was write up about tourism. They then asked for idea's about how to bring tourists to NS. We should as Nova Scotians promote our province to the divers of the world. We have beautiful water with hundred's of wrecks. Also there is the chance of animal encounters. Are there any idea's..could the dive clubs in the province get together and put their heads together. We can make Nova Scotia a dive mecca.:14:

You've got my vote!

My buddy and I are coming up with our wives up this summer!

Terry

NSMEDIC:
I was reading a article today in the Chronicle Herald and there was write up about tourism. They then asked for idea's about how to bring tourists to NS. We should as Nova Scotians promote our province to the divers of the world. We have beautiful water with hundred's of wrecks. Also there is the chance of animal encounters. Are there any idea's..could the dive clubs in the province get together and put their heads together. We can make Nova Scotia a dive mecca.:14:

NSMEDIC:

Promote trips with the dive shops within a 6 - 8 hour drive.

They're always looking for cool new places to go!

Terry

NSMEDIC:
Where do you plan on doing your diving?

We haven't picked a place yet, but will probably be somehwere near Yarmouth, since that's where the ferry comes over.

We've never been there before. Any suggestions?

Terry

Halifax area in May. Looking forward to it!

Depends on what you want there are hundreds of Shore Dives..Wreck Dives....Tech Dives..Scallop Dives between Yarmouth and Sydney.

Check out the "trailer" for the "Dive in Nova Scotia" DVD here:
http://www.seamonkeyproductions.com/
As well as hunt down a copy of the Combined Atlantic Diver Guide (been out of print for a while but some dive shops can still track a copy down; one of our LDS, Torpedo Rays, has a copy show up from time to time). If need be I can share some info from my copy :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom