DIR-complient near Mountain View

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

np251

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there

Any DIR complient divers near to Mountain View willing to critique my set-up in exchange for bbq ribs and beer? Im switching from a zeagle Brigade to BP/W, single tank set-up, the hoses are in the mail and i dive dry in monterey couple days a month.

Cheers guys

I'm down in Sunnyvale and would be happy to play with dive gear anytime. PM me and I'll send you my email/phone#.

I'm usually packing stuff up on Fri. for weekend diving, so come on by and we'll drink a beer and play with bolt-snaps and d-rings :p

Don, you ever been to Uncle Frank's; is it any good? I've been looking for a good BBQ place around here, but haven't found one yet.

Yep, Uncle Frank's is good. I'm actually a huge BBQ snop. Lived in Austin for many years so definitely acquired a taste for all things smoked.

Robb Walsh's Legend of Texas BBQ is a great read.

If you've never been to Uncle Frank's. Let's meet up there sometime, maybe after work?

rhlee:
Don, you ever been to Uncle Frank's; is it any good? I've been looking for a good BBQ place around here, but haven't found one yet.

Right on your way back from Monterey, in Morgan Hill: Traildust. Real BBQ, done out
back. When the wind blows, they can't cook and don't open. Exit 101 at Dunne,
go West to Monterey Rd, turn right (north), it's about three or four blocks up on the
right. The sports bar, Glory Days, next door has good burger too.

Don, sounds good.

Chuck, I'll have to try Traildust. I've tried this place in Gilroy... I forget what it's called. Its in the big plaza off at 152 and 101 with "Johnny Carino's" and Panera bread. I thought the place in Gilroy was a little blah to be honest.

I don't eat meat!

Chuck Tribolet:
Right on your way back from Monterey, in Morgan Hill: Traildust. Real BBQ, done out
back. When the wind blows, they can't cook and don't open. Exit 101 at Dunne,
go West to Monterey Rd, turn right (north), it's about three or four blocks up on the
right. The sports bar, Glory Days, next door has good burger too.

What about that place in Castroville? The texas bbq joint right on main street. As I recall they have a smoker that was about as big as a semi trailer. And really good. Really good.

Edit: ack to skynscuba. I remember this place was really good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom