Lines, tie-offs, wraps and stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jackal

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for some good diagrams for refreshing myself with wraps and other styles of tie-offs. The sinking of a new wreck means that I have to brush-up on those skills. Any ideas where I'd find such resources?:confused:

I use the same tie-off's & wraps as in caving, but with heavier line. I recommend the NSS/CDS cave diving manual.
Rick

Thanks for the info

I recommend the NSS/CDS cave diving manual

I was wondering if anyone has seen any online resources?

Not to be nosy but are you brushing up or learning new?

If I was to rusty to remember how to wrap line I would take a class.

Usin a guidline for penetration is really simple. The hard part is all the complicated drills we practice so we can fix the simple stuff after we screw it all up.

If I was to rusty to remember how to wrap line I would take a class.

Granted, if you check my profile you'll see that I am a MSDT Padi Instructor. Online resourses can provide a valuable information to my students and myself beyond "the book"

In South Australia, whilst there are many wrecks, not many call for reel work, this new one does but the padi manual lacks anyh kind of depth regarding tie-offs etc.....

That was my intention....

Granted, if you check my profile you'll see that I am a MSDT Padi Instructor.

Some food for thought....
More then 300 divers, including open water instructors have died in caves (wreck) just like this one.
Have you ever seen a sign like this???

In my opinion, in your case only because of what you posted. MSDT/PADI stands for MUST STOP DIVING TECHNICAL/PERHAPS ANOTHER DEATH or INJURY.

Here are some training agencies that teach overhead.
TDI,IANTD,GUE,NSS/CDS

MSDT/PADI stands for MUST STOP DIVING TECHNICAL/PERHAPS ANOTHER DEATH or INJURY.

As usual I ask a simple question and get flamed for it. So much for a area for discussion. Of course your superior - you little man

Jackal once bubbled...

As usual I ask a simple question and get flamed for it. So much for a area for discussion. Of course your superior - you little man

I don't think scubanarc meant any insult. Sometimes folks get sensitive about overheads. You should know that OW experience does little to prepare a diver for the overhead environment. Rick gave a good suggestion I would also recommend the NACD manual "The Art of Safe Cave Diving".

Once you start using the ignore feature of the board it gets soooo much nicer! Copy and paste his nickname into the ignore box in the "user cp" section. From then on where there used to be a post from him it will be shrunk down to a small entry that says "This person is on your ignore list" you can click on a link if you want to see what they posted but otherwise it's as if they disappeared.

Once you filter out the arogant, the blowhards and the know-it-alls the board is a lot more informative and helpfull.

It does make the tec sections pretty slim though..... <grin>

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom