Divemaster Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KEV49

Reaction score
Took the time yesterday to go to 3 of the many scuba shops in town what an array of sh.. Shop 1 couldn't be bothered to stop making out on the phone. Shop 2 the price went up with each passing second by the time I left I'm sure I would have been majority partner. Shop 3 the bimbo behind the counter didn't have a clue about anything to do with diving let alone talk about equipment or courses.
Anyone else find sub par service for the shops in their area?

KEV49 once bubbled...
Took the time yesterday to go to 3 of the many scuba shops in town what an array of sh.. Shop 1 couldn't be bothered to stop making out on the phone. Shop 2 the price went up with each passing second by the time I left I'm sure I would have been majority partner. Shop 3 the bimbo behind the counter didn't have a clue about anything to do with diving let alone talk about equipment or courses.
Anyone else find sub par service for the shops in their area?

I just started the Dive Master Course in Brockville at Diver's Paradise, you will find that Mike Johnson would be glad to have you join us if you wish. We meet once a week and the course is flexible if you can't make it a certain night you can do some self-study instead. The cost is $399.00.

If interested I suggest you give Mike a call at 613-342-4692.

web link: http://www.diversparadise.net/main.cfm

Cheers.

I live in the Niagara Area and after shopping around, I would highly recommend Dan's Diveshop on Welland Ave. In St. Catharines. I did all my training with them. Several of my friends just finished their Divemaster courses with them.
The service is excellent. The staff really know's their stuff, and the prices are hard to beat. I know this sounds like a plug, but I've visited several dive shops here and on the west coast, (hey .. what else is there to do when you travel on business or pleasure) and so far they have the best selection and prices I've seen. Besides, their staff in genuinely interested in diving and helping/teaching their students. OK.. I'll climb down from my soap box now..

I would also reccomend Dan's Dive Shop, we searched around our area and were unable to find a dive shop that fit, so we drive 2 hours to Dan's to do our shopping, and have never been dissapointed with the service or selection.
:wavey:

I would recommend Dan's also, have heard many good things about the store etc.

I was under the understanding that KEV49 was looking for some place in Eastern Ontario to take a Divemaster course. Mike at Diver's Paradise was trained by Bob Lighthart one of the best.

Hence the reason for recommending Diver's Paradise and also for the fact that the Divemaster course just started last week here in Brockville.

I hear that Robin and Lori are the two best instructors in the Brockville area. I have not taken a course with them but they run a boat called underpressurized

I thought the boat was called 'Under Pressure"
Do you know if he got his swim platform/ladder installed?
I dove with him in August/September and all he had was a small T-bar on the side of the boat.. That made getting in and out with doubles in rough water a bit of an adventure.. Its a cool boat that will get you where you are going real fast. And the crew is awesome too,

There boat name is "under pressure" and I think they have a second one called the Keg. When I am diving I dont worry about the speed of the boat as I have to do a surface interval anyways.

Bubble Boy once bubbled...
There boat name is "under pressure" and I think they have a second one called the Keg. When I am diving I dont worry about the speed of the boat as I have to do a surface interval anyways.

Bubble Boy is right.. The second boat is called "The Keg". I did a night dive on the Gaskin from "The Keg". Its really nice to get in and out of the water.. Huge ladder and swim platform. The only reason I mentioned the speed of "under pressure" was because we had to go all the way down to US customs to dive the Keystorm.. That's where the speed come in handy.. I hate loosing good diving time because of red tape :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom