Cheap hotels

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitrox Junkie

Great Lakes diver
Reaction score
I am originally from Michigan and now reside in In
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi everyone
I am heading up to munising michigan on a dive trip the last weekend of june and was wondering if anyone has been there. I am looking for the cheapest hotel and would appreciate some advice. I would camp but dont have faith in mother nature. Thanks Jeff

KN,

Munising is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, towards the nw side. Close to Lake Superior.

Jeff,

Check out diverlink.com/forums

There's lot of folks on that site that dive the area quite often. In fact, there's a guy on this board (Lost Yooper) from the U.P. (or YOOPEE!). He might have some info for you. Most of the hotels in that area are not very expensive.

Camping and Diving go together like a bootie and a fin... but, if you would rather stay in a cheap motel and suffer along with dry beds and scads of hot water, that is YOUR call. Last time we were in Munising we stayed in a small independent motel on M-28 and had no real complaints. The Super8 is fairly new as I recall, and just like every other Super8 in the country. I've gotten to the point that I really like to take the trailer and camp when I go out of town diving, but with gas prices expected to reach the $3.00+ mark this summer, I may be staying in motels myself. My Pontiac gets around 28mpg and motel rooms are $40 a night. The pickup, with the 5th wheel on gets 9-10mpg and campsites are around $10-20 a night. Do the math, and if you have to travel very far, the motel is cheaper when the gas prices go up.....

This original post is almost 3 years old. King Neptunes post was what made me check the date. Diverbrian, you must have jumped into the wayback machine for that one. lol

Kat:
This original post is almost 3 years old. King Neptunes post was what made me check the date. Diverbrian, you must have jumped into the wayback machine for that one. lol

Then, I didn't comment as I figured that it might still be a useful topic for someone on a dive trip this year. Someone has been moving all of these old threads to GLWC and I didn't realize it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom