Oasis or Maximus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

canismajor

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi there,

My wife and I have SS1 octo/inflators on our BCs and I was planning on getting a pair of Oasis regs (for their anti-dry-mouth attributes) and fitting them with a 3rd party 4' hose (to go under the arm) and swivel. Figured this would make it moist-breathing (as in dry-mouth) reg that would be easy to hand off in an OOA situation.

Am I just re-inventing the Maximus? Until today I hadn't realized that the Maximus has "moisture retention" fins and what appears to be a much beefier swivel than what I'd planned on (can it still be a lightweight 2nd stage with that?)

What exactly IS the difference between the Maximus and the Oasis second stage?

And, is that purge plate uncomfortably stiff?

Many thanks, in advance.

Well, thank you very much for that info. Could you possibly elaborate a bit about that right hand diver adjustment, please? I'm not seeing anything about it.

R.

the 2nd stage adjustment on the Maximus is a personalized adjustment . It does not change the postion of the moisture / heat retention fins ,but dose not dose not effect the flow rate , this is for personal fine tuning

One final thing, if I might... What is the length of the underarm hose? Some say 30", some 40"

Back
Top Bottom