Aeris T3 settings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thp48

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently purchased the Aeris T3 dive computer. I probably will never use the buddy diver feature.
My question is: where can I find some more information on all the settings that are available to me and how they relate to each other? I want to avoid assuming the wrong thing.
I see the factory defaults and the few recommendations that Aeris makes.
The problem may be that I am too new to diving to understand all the possibilities.
I like to see more than, set to on or off.
I am a deep dive away from the PADI advanced open water certification and I have completed the PADI nitrox speciality so I will be using features and functions involving air and nitrox mixtures.
Is there an in depth white paper out there explaining the settings for a up and coming newbe to diving?

The user manual is available for download from their web site. Also the shop that you bought it from should be able to walk you through most of the features.

Brent

But they no doubt bought it on-line at a cheaper price and it came with no user manual or one printed in French!

OK guys. I know everyone has heard the saying about "assume". Talk about a tough crowd.
I have the manual, I have read the manual and I had an instructor go over the settings without much explanation. Neither of us had a lot of time, to be fair.
I'm the type of guy who wants to get deeper than the manual. I like to understand the relationships that the settings have with other settings. Is a particular setting fluff or is it a safety feature.

I understand your wish - a real understanding of the settings is desired - but the manual really only shows how to access those screens and do set up, but not what it all means.....

Buddy settings - neat idea, but the TMT range makes this pretty pointless - played with it last week with a couple friends. We could read each other's transmitter as advertised. All you have to do is swim up to your buddy, get the comp near the TMT (like by your buddy's face), push the M botton for a couple secs, wait for the scan to find the signal another 4-10 secs, and then read your display of his pressure.

It works. But it turns out the best way to do that is lock our arms during the wait - (at which point our comps are in clear view to each other anyway)

However, here's what I did the 2nd time and after. Swim up to my buddy, signal for their pressure, they tell me.

Alternatively (and this also saves time over the comp's buddy check) - swim up to my buddy, grab their wrist and look at their comp.....

:wink: :D

the TMT range just makes this option something fun to play with ----- once

keep it on "SELF" for when you get into more advanced diving - that's my plan, if I ever get to that point

Most of it is straight forward at what ever depth you set it for it beeps if you have the alarms on it beeps when you get close to you PO2 setting. And it beeps at you on the controlling factor of your dive. But you have to be more specific about "wants to get deeper than the manual"

Back
Top Bottom