Waruwanago Charters in Leamington...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

C_C

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Who has used this operation and what are your recommendations?

Thanks,
C_C

C_C once bubbled...
Who has used this operation and what are your recommendations?

Thanks,
C_C

Waruwanago go charters is owned by Jeff Homestead......he recently gave a presentation at or Scuba club. Nice guy and does most of the charters off of the Pelee Passage with the best wreck being the Willis. I know he doesn't want doubles on his charters.......then again most of the wrecks around here you don't need them. If your considering diving with Waruwanago I would suggest you do it early in the dive season or later in the year because the vis in this neck of the woods in Lake Erie is lousy during the summer months because of the algae bloom. At best you might get 20-30 feet of vis. This summer we did some diving this end of lake Erie and got anywhere from 5-8 vis:(

Another local that does a charter service local and up to Grand Bend and also Michigan side of Lake Huron as well as Lake Erie is friend of mine Captain Bill Hewett. He owns his own charter and just got a nice new boat that holds 24 divers. Lucky for me I am a dive coordinator for our Scuba Club and so is Bill which means lots of charters in the summer. You can check out Bill's website if you want to get a hold of him or find out more about his charter operation at the link below.:)

http://www.mnsi.net/~bhewitt/

Granted the wrecks don't warrant a technical dive plan, but I would much rather have my doubles than switch cylinders for three shallow dives.

C_C

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom