Ketchican - Mountain Point Snorkeling

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KJB6865

Reaction score
I am a diver and am taking an Alaskan cruise the first week of September. One of the excursions offered is snorkeling at Mountain Point. It sounds interesting, but I wondered if anyone could provide some first-hand feedback on this. I am concerned mainly with the water temperature and with how much we'd really see - as a diver who used to snorkel, I know you don't see as much from the surface.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:wink:

KJB6865:
I am a diver and am taking an Alaskan cruise the first week of September. One of the excursions offered is snorkeling at Mountain Point. It sounds interesting, but I wondered if anyone could provide some first-hand feedback on this. I am concerned mainly with the water temperature and with how much we'd really see - as a diver who used to snorkel, I know you don't see as much from the surface.

Any insights would be appreciated.

Thanks!

:wink:

As a diver-you're right, the snorkeling tour might not be very exciting. It's a popular dive site with some nice walls, but all the good stuff is at divers depths. If I were taking the trip, I'd check this out!

http://www.southeastexposure.com/rainforest-ropes-and-zip-challenge.html

I have not done it yet, but it looks like a lot of fun:D

Poog:coffee:

Water temps will be low 50's or high 40's, and you get a 7mm wetsuit. Not really sure what you'd see interesting at snorkel depths, as I just dive there.

Thanks for the feedback on Mountain Point. Both of you mentioned that there are good dive sites in the area, so I would be interested in diving there. Could I bother you to pass along the name of any dive operators that you'd recommend?

Thanks very much!

:14:

KJB6865:
Thanks for the feedback on Mountain Point. Both of you mentioned that there are good dive sites in the area, so I would be interested in diving there. Could I bother you to pass along the name of any dive operators that you'd recommend?

Thanks very much!

:14:

Sure, I'd go with this one:

http://www.wind-water.org/

Poog:coffee:
Will dive for Green Bean coffee...

Thanks! I will definitely check them out - looking forward to diving the walls at Mountain Point.

Cheers!

Hello
I am also a diver and am taking a Holland America cruise the first week of September. I would like to know any information about the dives at Mounatian Point. Snorkelling is great but diving is better. You can contact me at jspilker@oregontrail.net
Let's talk?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom