New to this Group - Introduction!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sarita75

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi there everyone. First of all ---- What a great idea this group is.

After being heavy for the past 10 years (college and law school = sedentary lifestyle) I have recently began diving more and have been dismayed by the fact that my air consumption is bad (airhog) and I feel winded, have to wear 30# of weight for my north california diving, etc. I am so sick of it. So, here goes nothing. Currently, I weight 219 - way too much for my 5'6 frame.

I hope to be active in this group since support systems are really necessary, especially when motivation is lagging. I have a plan - a sort of reward program with small rewards along the way, but a good award when I reach my goal weight (160) - a diving adventure! So - who'll cheer me on? Anyone? :blinking:

WoooHooo! Great first step! Glad to see you on this forum!

Feel free to chime in to the "10# Challenge" (currently "10# Challenge #5") thread... and the "7 day X 30 minute cardio challenge" thread... and of course all the others!

We support each other, and give LOTS of motivation! We tell our triumphs, our hardships, our gripes, and anything and everything else! LOL

Glad to see you here, and I hope to see you in the challenges! By the way... I'm 5'8" and currently 261 lbs.... but I started out at 305! We really do make progress on here! :wink:

That's great ER. I will definitely have to chime in. At this point I have been "motivating" my rear-end to get to the gym just about everyday. Need to get the point where it become routine to walk-in, drop the work clothes, get on the gym stuff and head on over.... I will definitely keep you all posted. :)

Great! Most of the "regulars" post on a daily basis, so please drop in and post! We love to have new folks join us! We're all here for each other! If not for this board/forum... I wouldn't be 45 lbs lighter!

Back
Top Bottom