My impression on the Bare Arctic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am overall glad I got this suit and listened to the others on here.
I dove with it for the first time last night.
It was about upper 40's to maybe 50 max water temp. I was warm as can be. I got matching Bare gloves and they did a great job too. No fingers cold at all.
Only thing is my toes got cold.

This thing seals soooo good with the step in hooded vest. I swear I did not feel any water come in, esp not that first rush of cold water when you jump in with a reg farmer and detattched hood.

The chin zipper thing wasnt too bad. The dangly thing on the zipper hit my chin a few times and freaked me out a little, but not too bad.
The inside seals on this thing work wonders too.

Overall, I am deffinately impressed from the other few suits I tried

I agree that it's a swell suit. I can't wait to get back into mine an a month or so.

Add some neoprene socks. The layering and extra material will do wonders for your toes.

Pete

thanks for the info. Ill check them out tonight cuz I got a few more dives of my AOW classes in this cold *** water this weekend.
My toes actually got numb and pins and needles. So thats not good. lol

I still cant get over how dry this thing kept me inside. I had to laugh when my friend jumped in with his farmer John and yelled about the cold water. Glad I didnt get that. :mooner:

Money well spent.

PM- I still cant get over how dry this thing kept me inside.[/QUOTE:
I know what you mean it seems very odd at first. I find that especially if I prime the suit with very warm water that I never feel the hit of cold water. By the time it works its way to my skin it has been through a torturous path and is not that cold anymore.

Pete

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom