Who's going South?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaQ

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone planning on going south this winter for a dive vacation? Where are you planning to go? Do you like diving in the south more than diving in the Great Lakes.

ScubaQ:bonk:

This year I decided to go with the gang at my LDS and sign up for the trip to Key Largo in Mid-March.

I've been lucky to have visited other carribean destinations, but to be honest, I like nothing better than what I see out my cottage window in the summer time and the great diving we have right here in Ontario.

Cayman Brac 1/03; Turks & Caicos 2/03; Cozumel 4/03. Never been in Lake Ontario with a scuba tank. What am I missing?

Guys,

I'm just getting back into diving after a long break, and have not been in the water in the Great Lakes in a long time. But we are going on a cruise leaving Ft. Lauderdale on 10 January and will stop at five different islands. I'll be making two dives on each of the following, St. Maartin, Barbados and St. Thomas. The dives are all set up, and my gear is all packed. I've been buying up new equipment this year, so a week ago, I put it all together and got in the tank at the LDS (The Dive Shop, Flint MI) and spent 30 minutes trying everything out. It was great, and it seems everything is working as planned. If you are interested, I'll write up a little 'dive report' after we get back on the 21st and let you folks know how it went. Oh, I'll be getting a dry suit this winter, and expect to do some diving on this side of the border starting after ice-out, and perhaps a weekend trip to Georgian Bay as well.

I'm going on a Blackbeards cruise in February with a group from my LDS. Really looking forward to it. It will be my second time in salt water (1st time was in Nanaimo). Has anybody else done the Blackbeard thing? Can you share some info?
I can't wait to go :) Woohoo...

You have never dove in Lake Ontaro? I take it you have never dove in the Great Lakes then. Great Lakes diving is main wreck diving, no coral reefs up here, althogh I have heard stories:bonk: If you get a chance give it a try, Try Tobermory or Kingston, Long Point is good, The St. Lawrance River is amazing, and by the end of the summer it can get as warm as 75 degrees

sparky30 once bubbled...
I'm going on a Blackbeards cruise in February with a group from my LDS. Really looking forward to it. It will be my second time in salt water (1st time was in Nanaimo). Has anybody else done the Blackbeard thing? Can you share some info?
I can't wait to go :) Woohoo...

OK. Any excuse to get wet. Maybe I'll post you next August and get some advise on a dive op up that way!

ScubaQ once bubbled...
You have never dove in Lake Ontaro? I take it you have never dove in the Great Lakes then. Great Lakes diving is main wreck diving, no coral reefs up here, althogh I have heard stories:bonk: If you get a chance give it a try, Try Tobermory or Kingston, Long Point is good, The St. Lawrance River is amazing, and by the end of the summer it can get as warm as 75 degrees

Ooops. Wrong quote on the one before. Sorry to all. The quote above should have been here below or something like that.

i've done Blackbeards twice now... not bad for only diving a year!!!

it's fantastic.. great relaxing dive vacation...tons of diving... 18 dives 5 days... some deep, some wreck all cool!!!

have fun!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom