New XR1 question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lnejmpr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello

Big time lurker here, but i just got a XR1 and had a question on it.

I was adjusting time date and such on it and everything froze up on full display.

To fix this I went and pulled the battery, and it fixed it, but the battery cover - the clear part, was a big pain to get back on. I re greased the o ring with sili grease, but it was diffficult to seat the cover - Yes it fixed it...

Now this is brand new, and I had to remove the battery to reset it because it locked up on full display - how often has this happened, and is it just me fiddling with it too much?

Thanks in advance, and please let me know if this voids my warrenty, I like the way this thing appears to work so far...

Mike in NH

My XR-2 (same as XR-1 but with Nitrox and 24 logged dives) froze at approximately the 10th dive. The dive shop I purchased it from took it right back and replaced it over the counter. No trouble with the replacement.

Hello

Thanks for the Reply. I was hoping somebody else had a similiar issue, and did the same thing with removing the battery to reset it.

Glad there was no problem with a replacement for your XR2.

lnejmpr:
Hello

Thanks for the Reply. I was hoping somebody else had a similiar issue, and did the same thing with removing the battery to reset it.

Glad there was no problem with a replacement for your XR2.

I forgot to mention that I did try to reset the unit by changing the battery. After that didn't work, I took it back to the shop for replacement.

Hi

Yeah, I had bit of a problem also, but I silicone greased up the o-ring and then gave it a little bit of a twist when seating it, and it went back on fine.

After that it seemed fine :)

Back
Top Bottom