Red Sea Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IrishMick

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I posted here back in October about learning to Scuba dive in the Bahamas and then posted up the video when I got back with the old sharks in it. I'm going to be doing the advanced course next month over in Spain and then at the end of Summer head over to do some diving in the Red Sea.

From what I can see it looks like an excellent place to dive and is only about 5 hours flight to get there. I would like to stay in a luxury hotel that either has its own dive centre (a bit like Soma Bay) or is very near to one. :D

Has anyone been there or know of a good hotel and dive centre? Any help would be much appreciated. :14:

Thanks,
Mick

Mick, All the major hotel operators are in Sharm from 3* up to International level 5*. Many are on teh coastline iteslf and have their own house reefs and dive centres. The Intercontinental Garden Reef for example - their house reef is lovely. Your choice will also depends on the level of luxury you are looking for really - if you want to pay top $$, the Four Seasons and the Ritz Carlton are amazing hotels, but I am not sure about their dive centres and dive sites. Teh choice is amazing - just make sure you get a location on the coastline. Sheena

Thanks Sheena,

I'm going to check out those place's you mentioned and see what there like. :)

Mick

Mick
In Sharm you will find all the best hotel chains. Four Seasons Hotel is a beauty. Ritz is also OK. Hilton Waterfalls (quite close to Ritz) is a great one. Savoy is suberb.

You don't have to use hotel's dive centre. There are almost no shore dives in Sharm, all are boat ones. Tha majority of diving centres provide transportation from your hotel to the jetty and from jetty to your hotel.
There are multiple threads here about diving centres in Sharm, and Emperor Divers, Camel Divers are getting the highest score.

Mania

I booked the Radisson for next month...its not on Naama itself but they provide transportation to the city....my wife and friends are a little jumpy ever since the bombings there and are quite happy to stay elsewhere. Its a full 5 star resort and Camel Divers have a branch right there. Its also on 200m of private beach.

Best of all, online, it shows as only 90 bucks a night with breakfast! Check it out on Radisson.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom