Where do you put???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RSL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Here is a lite hearted question for everyone, no real pooint ot it just a conversation piece......... Where do you put all those "brand" stickers that come with new gear and you pick up from LDS's???

I have them all saved up and if my stepkids like them, I give them to them. They like putting some of them (o'neill wetsuit ones esp) on their snowboards. Most end up in the circular file though. :)

I've never gotten any stickers. I'd just throw them out if I did.

I built a little insulated room in my garage for gear. All those stickers go on the door. The door is a collage of colorful scuba advertising that no one but me ever sees. I also have a washed out one dollar bill that I found in the local river taped on there, and a small poster Pacific Scuba in PV MX made using some of my photos that they sent me. I've also started sticking the laminated deco profiles I tape onto my wrist slate onto the door. That door is an ugly mess.

My IANTD instructor friend once gave me a black milk crate and put DIR stickers on it to make fun of me, so there are a couple of stickers on that. I also put the Voodoo Gas sticker that comes with the Oxygen Hacker's Handbook on that milk crate.

I'd never put a bunch on scuba stickers on my truck. That's just an advertising for a thief to break into it. I have the very small DAN sticker on the back window.

I beach dive... a lot! And since Dive-Bud-Extraordinaire Mo2vation introduced me to the easy fun of using a BIG Rubbermaid bin to hold the gear in the back of my car... well, now it's my Adhesive Sticker Gallery (ASG).

If someone else at the site is using the same common blue bin, my stickers help me make sure my stuff goes in the right bucket after the dive. (Drawback to DIR diving: EVERYthing is black and everybody's gear looks similar, especially in the dark :shakehead )

The bin doesn't last forever, so by the time the stickers look ratty, I'll be buying a new bin and starting over.

Oh, and I put some on my small ice chest I bring on dive boats: Stickers make my ice chest easy to find and remember.

And a put a bunch on the cover of my notebook that organizes the data sheets for the ReefCheck California Monitoring Surveys, (www.reefcheck.org) so it stands out a survey site and other volunteers can get data sheets from it as needed.

Wow... I do get a lot of stickers :D !

~~~~~~
Claudette

Yup. Pelican cases make the best sticker repositories. :D

I have my camera case, my canister light's case, and my save-a-dive kit's case. All suitably plastered with stickers. Makes an otherwise bland case a lot easier to spot, visually, and makes it a lot more unlikely anyone would [accidentally] grab my case instead of theirs.

Ok... Apperently no one wants to admit it but there are people out there who have cars that look like a rolling advertisment for SCUBA; Everything. Do they sell SCUBA stuff or are they that into it........The world may never know

I used my PADI sticker to cover over the Scuba Schools Of America logo on the dive bag I bought from their Montclair store before he kicked me out of his class!

Back
Top Bottom